Sunday, February 10, 2013

BY THE SEA

Hello Dear Friends,
  Today after church I was going to relax but I had a project on my mind and I decided to just relax by crafting! I have a wonderful large frame that I really did not want to put away but it said Winter Wonderland and I needed to come up with something else for the next season.
   Here is what I came up with, By The Sea...and no we are nowhere near the sea but my Mom used to be in Florida every winter and I would decorate my bathroom just to be a little near to her. Well, now that she is gone I have decided to continue decorating with shells and things as a little way of remembering her. This is how it turned out.


This is my beautiful winter sign that I adore but I only wanted to cover it not ruin it.

I took a piece of backer board and but it to fit on top of the board.
Covered it with scrap book paper to match my other things in the bathroom.

I distressed a few tags so they didn't look too new.

And then I got to work putting it all together.

I found this roll of pom poms at TJ Maxx...love.

a closer look


I like the way it turned out. I am not sure I love it but remember when winter hits I will have my old sign back. What do you think?
  When I finish decorating the rest of the bathroom I will share what it looks like with all of it put together! Lots of shells for Ohio!
   I do have to admit I kinda miss my little reindeer but Christmas isn't that far away is it???

1 comment:

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

So creative.......Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com