Sunday, August 24, 2014

A New Sign for Vyntage Barn, New Beginnings

Well, this morning my dh and I decided to put the new sign in place. It was pretty humid but we decided to tackle it anyways. I actually had a reason for wanting to put it up today. I knew that today was the anniversary of Mom entering  the gates of Heaven.She began her new journey today, 3 years ago and I wanted to celebrate a new beginning with her. I would not have the business that I have today without her help in so many ways. She always gave her all, she was a giver and even in death she gave her three children a new beginning. We were so blessed by her and I wanted my sign to go up to  give her the credit she deserved. I wanted something happy to happen on this heartbreaking day. My Mom started her new journey and I too have started a new journey.

I had a green fence that was leaning against my house. I loved it but I just could not see my sign being green. I had a lady stop at the shop and she said she couldn't believe my sign wasn't pink...me either! So the fence became pink and it is so much better.

Our new sign is so much better than the old sign. The black post help to set off the lettering.
We made a mold for the bottom of the posts and it will have to stay on until tomorrow.
DH had the holes ready about 37 inches deep.

We added quikrete to make sure everything stays in place.

I am loving the new look. You can see the old sign in the background.
As you can see, my sign had seen better days. As the days got warmer the paint decided to peel at an alarming rate. I was afraid to wait any longer. The original idea was to reveal it in October but when I thought about using as a celebration and tribute to my Mom, well, I knew today was the day.
I had a few decorations up but they will be moving over to the other sign tomorrow.Not sure what is staying and what is going right now.
  So, Mom, if you can sense anything about this world then I hope you are feeling the love today...my love is as strong as ever and I will continue to hold you dear until we meet again.

1 comment:

Penny Shepherd said...

The sign is Fabulous!!!! I'm sure your Mom is smiling in celebration with you!