Thursday, January 8, 2015

Christmas Thoughts and Recap

Oh Dear Friends, Things have been so wonderfully busy. With Christmas and New Years and family and friends...what a wonderful time of joy. I have not shared much since I have been spending time with my family and friends but I have not forgotten you.
   I started taking down my decorations and I knew that most you had not seen so I know it is a little late but I wanted to share anyways.
  I love this little santa and our entire kitchen tree was covered with them!
I had felted balls as well..and a decoration from a friend as well.
OMG, don;t you love him. He reminds me of the Dentist on the Island of Misfit toys.

My kitchen was filled with fun and whimsy this year. I had many items with red, teal and white. They were fun and cheerful and yet seasonal as well.

I did not want to take them down this soon but as a late Christmas present we are having a cleaning service come and detail the house so I had to begin so they didn't clean around all my decor.
Our white tree was just as pretty dressed it different colors this year as well.
And of course some of my regular decorations made their way onto the mantle as well.
The foyer was so cozy and full of trees this year as well. My thoughts were of my Mom as I took Christmas down. She bought the three trees for me and made so many of my decorations as well. She was a shiny star at Christmas...she adored getting gifts for each of us, always with deep thoughts and love. Oh how I miss her...every day.

4 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Good morning - your decorations are beautiful and I love the colors you worked with.
What a gorgeous white tree!!
How fun to have the cleaning service come....I can tell you it's wonderful - we did that with a service several years back when we were going to put the house up for sale and were having an open house - oh they did such a wonderful job....it's amazing the things they clean.
Blessings
Karen

Gumbo Lily said...

Really pretty Christmas decor! I like your silver and white trees. I have been wanting to buy a white tree, but there were none on clearance. I'll have to look for one next season. Do you have a recommendation?

Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday season.

Primitive Stars said...

Love the Christmas decorating in your cozy home. The ornies are adorable, love the felting ones.Blessings Francine.

Joy said...

What fun decorations! Don't you sometimes dislike packing them away?