Sunday, August 9, 2015

New Cabinet Make-Over

Wow, seems like it has been a long time since I updated my little blog. I have so much I could share about our business but today I want to share a make-over in my home. I found this china hutch at an estate sale and I fell in love with the curved glass and the glints of gold in the glass. But the dark wood would never work in my home so I set out to put a coat of paint on it.
It could not have turned out any better. After a couple of coats it was complete. I normally distress but so far I have not on this piece. I did use a satin finish so there is a small shine but I love that about it.
I quickly filled it with touches of gold and it suited it!
Yes, you do see a little pumpkin, I just couldn't resist.
  My sister loves it...she saw the cabinet before I painted it and she wondered if I was changing my style..lol no just needed a coat of paint and then it took on a new look.
   I have so many pieces of furniture to paint, some I have stared and some are waiting. Either way, time is growing short with autumn approaching! Good to be back.

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

What a beautiful transformation!
But you DO have a way with transforming things for the better.
Such beautiful treasures are filling it too.
Blessings
Karen